In order to see how to get an online appoinment for the residence permit, please click here.
Important Explanations about Residence Permit:
- International students are required to apply/renew their residence permit individually according to the process explained above.
- İzmir University of Economics can not apply/renew residence permit on behalf of the students.
- International students are required to submit a copy of the residence permit to Student Affairs Office/Office of International Affairs after they receive their residence permit card.
- International students have to follow the expiry date of the residence permit carefully and have to apply to Immigration Office to request extension at least one month before the expiry date.
- Even if the residence permit covers the date after graduation, international students have to leave Turkey in 10 days at the latest after they graduate from the program.
- International students bear all the responsibility regarding residence permit transactions.
- International students can easily get technical support for residence permit by simply calling 157.
The closest airport to İzmir is Adnan Menderes Airport. You may take the HAVAŞ Bus to Alsancak to get to the city center directly. Also, bus no. 202 operates between the airport and the city center. Please remember to bring TL. with you, or use the exchange office at the airport.
Our campus is located in Balçova district of Izmir. Fahrettin Altay-Balçova bus numbered 969, passes in front of our university. When you come from Bostanlı Pier to Üçkuyular Pier, you can reach our campus by taking the İnciraltı-Üçkuyular municipal bus numbered 480.
|Available Banknotes||Available Coins|
|200 TL||1.00 TL|
|100 TL||50 Kuruş|
|50 TL||25 Kuruş|
|20 TL||10 Kuruş|
|10 TL||5 Kuruş|
Getting Local Phone Number
It is suggested for international students to get a local mobile phone number since it is cheaper to communicate with a local line. The exchange students can get a local mobile phone number simply by applying with their passport to one of the branches of companies such as Turkcell or Vodafone.
Although Turkey is situated in a large Mediterranean geographical location where climatic conditions are quite temperate, diverse nature of the landscape, and the existence in particular of the mountains that run parallel to the coasts, result in significant differences in climatic conditions from one region to the other. While the coastal areas enjoy milder climates, the inland Anatolian plateau experiences hot summers and cold winters with limited rainfall. The Aegean and Mediterranean coasts have cool, rainy winters and hot, moderately dry summers.
During the summer period in İzmir, the temperature is about 30-35 degrees celsius. Winter temperature is between 5-10 degrees Celsius. It rarely snows, and the temperature is rarely under zero degree.
|Dormitory||3.000-3.500 USD /per year|
|Furnished house||min. 10.000-15.000 TL/month|
|Household||(electricity, gas, etc.) appr. 1.500-2.000 TL/month|
|Entertainment||150-300 TL/per weekend (wide variety of options for place and prices)
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Caravanserai’ project receives a scholarship from USA
Assoc. Prof. Güzden Varinlioğlu, Faculty Member, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), Department of Architecture, was awarded a scholarship by the United States
Award for habitat design on Mars
Architects from Izmir University of Economics (IUE) returned with an award from the "Mars 2050 Habitat Idea Competition" organized in cooperation with
Passed 46 criteria, received international accreditation
Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Faculty of Engineering successfully passed the internationally validated 46 criteria assessment conducted by the Association for Evaluation
From Izmir to the Silicon Valley
Yağız Şenoğlu, student at Graphics Design Program, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), started to work at Leo AR, a company operating in
American universities welcome Aydolun with open arms
Aydolun Petenkaya, who completed Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Department of Genetics and Bioengineering as a top student with a full scholarship
Kayra’s ‘World Cup’ assignment
Suna Kayra Paköz, a graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Department of Visual Communication Design, was included in the design team
IUE Graduates Going Global
Graduates of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) have become the first choice of world-renowned companies by carrying their academic achievements to business
IMPORTANT ASSIGNMENT TO IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS BY EUROPEAN LAW FACULTIES ASSOCIATION
Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Faculty of Law became a member of European Law Faculties Association (ELFA). ELFA has today more than