Protection of Personal Data
IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS
LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA NO.6698 INFORMATION TEXT FOR STUDENTS
Purpose and Scope of the Information Text
IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS takes measures to protect your personal data within the scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No.6698 (hereinafter referred to as KVKK or Law.) accepted to protect fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, particularly the right to privacy, and to regulate the obligations, principles and procedures which shall be binding upon natural or legal persons who process personal data. We process your Personal Data within the scope of the Law and related legal legislation and in our capacity as "data controller" for the reasons and methods explained below.
Personal data, requested by Izmir University of Economics as the data processor and / or data controller in accordance with the Law, in a relevant, limited and measured manner and / or shared with the university with the purpose of processing will be processed and stored within the framework of the purpose that requires processing, and the highest level of care is taken for the security of personal data.
TITLE: IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS
ADDRESS: "Sakarya cad. No:156 Balçova/İZMİR "
(hereinafter referred to as “ University”.)
IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS INFORMATION TEXT ON PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA has been prepared to inform you in the most transparent way about the identity of the data controller, the method and legal reason for collecting your personal data, the purpose for which this data will be processed, to whom and for what purpose it can be transferred, data processing period in accordance with the article titled "Data Controller's Obligation of Disclosure" in Article 10 of the Law, and what your rights are listed in Article 11 of the Law.
Method and Legal Reason for Collecting Personal Data
Your personal data, by automatic or non-automatic methods, can be gathered verbally, in writing or electronically and by similar means through channels such as University, affiliated units of the University, all kinds of registration and application forms, websites and e-mails, social media channels, mobile applications, collected forms and minutes, promotion unit employees, call center, promotional applications, health reports, HES (Hayat Eve Sığar ) codes, systems such as YOKSIS, university and course management systems, student information systems, distance education and communication platforms, educational software platforms, contracts, applications, proposals, audio and video recordings, sharing arising from academic requirements with domestic and foreign educational institutions, cookies used on computers during website visits by means of student affairs and registration units and other employees, administrative and academic units, secretariat, reception desk, security units, the university's domestic and international school and program partners and companies that provide services. Your personal data can be generated and updated as long as your relationship with the University continues and can be processed and kept in both digital and physical environments.
In line with the purposes stated in the heading "Purpose of Processing Personal Data" and providing the explicit consent requirement within the scope of the paragraph 1, article 5, or pursuant to paragraph 2, article 5 of Law No.6698, your personal data can be processed and transferred within the scope of the processing conditions and purposes specified in the clauses "a, c, ç, e and f".
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
Your Personal Data is processed securely in line with the Law on Protection of Personal Data in accordance with legal obligations or in order to provide a more appropriate service in the business and transactions of the University.
Your personal data collected by the University for the following purposes shall be processed within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of Law No. 6698.
- Conducting university-student relations, updating contact information, opening and tracking the records of students and their relatives in the system, reporting and evaluating education, scholarship and job opportunities, fulfilling legal and contractual obligations, providing all services, carrying out registration and subsequent transactions,
- Fulfilling financial obligations including invoicing procedures,
- Ensuring relevant units to communicate with the necessary persons,
- Making announcement and ensuring general satisfaction, maintaining alumni relations, determining the needs of the concerned people according to their tastes, habits and demands,
- Ensuring the security of the University and the people concerned, protecting public health,
- Determining corporate strategies, conducting, and developing services in accordance with the legislation, contracts, and technology requirements,
- Being able to conduct promotional activities, analyzing needs, organizing all records and documents for the purpose of processing in electronic or paper environment.
- Sharing arising from academic requirements such as student exchange programs with national and international schools and universities, and postgraduate.
- Fulfilling the obligations of storing information, reporting, and notifying stipulated by the legislation, relevant regulatory institutions, and other authorities,
- Being able to carry out the necessary work by our relevant business units in order for real and / or legal third persons, institutions and organizations (employees, visitors, suppliers, business partners, etc.) who are affiliated with the University to benefit from the activities and services of the University and / or the centers and units affiliated with the University,
- Planning and executing the University's educational policies and processes, carrying out academic and administrative activities,
- Ensuring the safety of life and property and legal and commercial security of real and / or legal third persons, institutions, and organizations where the university affairs are carried out or in the centers and units affiliated with the University,
- Carrying out legal, financial, and administrative compliance processes, fulfilling financial, legal, and administrative affairs,
- Being able to carry out the necessary work by our relevant business units in order to plan and execute the University's human resources policies and processes for students and graduates, University officials and units; all domestic and / or foreign institutions and organizations, including our business partners and suppliers, with whom we have contracted services to carry out our activities as a university, all kinds of institutions, organizations and / or businesses being cooperated with the purpose of protecting and fulfilling student rights and obligations within the scope of internship / practical training activities in units within the University and / or institutions outside the University,
- Supporting graduates with career planning, monitoring graduate success, creating an alumni network,
- Supporting University's education, teaching, and research studies, and research on the social, cultural, and academic activities,
- Carrying out the supervision and / or regulation duties to be carried out by authorized public institutions and organizations and professional organizations with public institution status,
- Fulfilling the information and document requests requested by the judicial bodies, consumer arbitration committees and / or administrative authorities,
- Carrying out listing, reporting, verification analysis studies regarding the usage of the products and services offered in the University and all centers and units affiliated with the University, producing statistical and scientific information on this issue, and improving activities and services accordingly, increasing satisfaction regarding activities and services and customizing for users in this context,
- Being able to conduct market research, promotion and necessary notification regarding activities and services, evaluate complaints and suggestions, and contact you directly through communication channels shared with the University,
- Planning and managing the financing and invoicing of all services offered,
- Personal data about the participants of all kinds of events, trainings, development programs, exhibitions, conferences, workshops, meetings organized to ensure social interaction and development,
- Fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements arising / likely to arise from Labor Law No. 4857, Turkish Commercial Code No. 6102, Turkish Code of Obligations No. 6098, Law on Consumer Protection No. 6502, Law on Vocational Training No 3308, Law on Occupational Health and Safety No. 6331, Law on the Protection of Personal Data No.6698, Tax Procedure Law No. 213, Social Insurance and General Health Insurance Law No. 5510, Law on Fundamental Health Services No. 3359, Regulation on Processing and Protecting the Privacy of Personal Health, Regulation on Archive Services, Higher Education Law No. 2547 and all relevant laws and secondary regulations and taking necessary measures within this scope,
- Taking all necessary technical and administrative measures for the system and applications within the scope of data security.
Purpose of Transferring Personal Data and Parties to whom Personal Data Can Be Transferred
By ensuring that all kinds of technical and administrative measures are taken to ensure the appropriate level of security in accordance with the Law and the relevant legislation, your Personal Data can be transferred for the purposes stated above to following parties only when necessary:
CoHE, institutions or organizations permitted and / or required by the legislation, national and international schools and universities and the program partners of the University, subsidiaries and / or direct or indirect subsidiaries, persons and organizations that the University contracts and cooperates with to carry out its activities, university units, private insurance companies, banks, funds, foundations, lawyers or attorney partnerships in order to follow legal affairs, financial advisors in order to carry out financial and accounting procedures, subsidiaries and / or affiliates, auditors, consultants, national and international organizations, and third parties responsible for taking data security measures such as preserving all kinds of personal data, preventing unauthorized access, and preventing unlawful processing.
Personal data shall be transferred according to article 8 of the Law, in the presence of one of the conditions in the second paragraph of the article 5 of the Law and providing the explicit consent requirement within the framework of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in article 9.
Data Processing and Retention Period
Your personal data, limited to the purposes specified in this Information Text, will be processed in accordance with the data processing and limitation periods specified in all relevant laws and other legal regulations to which the University and its centers and units affiliated with the University are subject to.
Your personal data, as a requirement of the purpose limitation principle, is processed for fulfillment of the purposes described in this Information Text and as limited to the time required to be processed in accordance with the legal periods, and after the expiration period, they are deleted, destroyed or anonymized. If you want to get detailed information about the retention periods of your personal data, you can contact us via the addresses in the Rights of Data Subjects section.
Rights of Data Subjects
As data subjects, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to the University using the methods set out below, the University will finalize your application depending on the nature of your request, free of charge within thirty days at the latest. However, if the procedure requires an additional cost anticipated by the Personal Data Protection Board, the fee in the tariff determined by the University will be charged.
Within this context, data subjects are entitled to
- learn whether their personal data are processed or not,
- request information if their personal data are processed,
- learn the purpose of personal data processing and whether this data is used for intended purposes,
- know the third parties to whom personal data is transferred at home or abroad,
- request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any, and request notification of third parties to whom personal data has been transferred regarding the procedure carried out in this context,
- request the erasure or destruction of personal data despite being processed under the provisions of this Law and other related laws, upon disappearance of reasons which require the process, and request notification of third parties to whom personal data has been transferred regarding the procedure carried out in this context,
- object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of personal data, which leads to an unfavorable consequence for the data subject,
- request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of personal data.
In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 13 of the Law, you can send your request to exercise your above-mentioned rights to the University in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. Since the Personal Data Protection Board has not determined any method at this time, you should submit your application in writing to the University in accordance with the Law.
In your applications within the scope of Article 11 of the Law, the channels and procedures you will submit your application in writing to the University, are explained below.
In order to exercise your above-mentioned rights, you should submit the necessary information identifying your identity and your request, which includes explanations about your right to exercise the rights specified in Article 11 of the Law, by filling out the form and submit a signed copy of the form to “Sakarya Cad. NO:156 Balçova İzmir” address either in person or through notary public or other methods specified in the Law, or send the form with secure electronic signature to firstname.lastname@example.org address.