DEPARTMENT OF TEXTILE AND FASHION DESIGN ADMISSIONS REGULATION
Article 1- (1) (Change SD 04.06.2020-397-A/11 / BTD 22.06.2020-39)The purpose of this regulation is to identify the principles regarding the exam for the selection of the students for Faculty of Fine Arts and Design, Department of Textile and Fashion Design.
Article 2- (1) The candidate needs to complete the pre-registration within the specified period in order to take the aptitude tests.
(2) (Change SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23) (Changed SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23) TYT (Basic Proficiency Test) scores for the respective year or the year before, where OBP (High School GPA) is not included, will be taken into consideration at pre-registration. The applicants need to have a raw score of at least 150 or higher from TYT score.
(3) Candidates who want to benefit from foreign quota have to take the exams that are accepted by Izmir University of Economics and achieve the required score and/or they need to hold one of the required diplomas. These students may be asked to submit a portfolio.
Article 3- (1) Other requirements and paperwork required for the registration is identified and announced.
Article 4- (1) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) Each candidate can carry out pre-registration process either in person via mail or other persons.
Article 5-(1) The materials the candidates need to bring with them to take entrance exams or the preparations they need to do is announced to them ahead of time. The candidates are responsible for bringing the required materials and being prepared. Candidates who are not fully prepared cannot take the exam.
Formation of the Exam Jury
Article 6- (1) The exam jury is chosen among the faculty members, who are experts in their fields, recommended by the respective Department. The Faculty Administrative Board chooses the jury, which is consisted of at least 3 people.
Article 7- (1) Exams are administered in two stages. Candidates’ interests, creativity, skills of analytical thinking and problem solving, work disciplines, and sense of responsibilities are tested in the entrance exams.
Article 8- (1) The first stage of the exam is an illustration exam. It relates to visual perception, scaling and visual expression of an existing image or object (Visual Perception and Illustration)
(2) In the second stage of the exam, the candidates are given at least one design problem and they are asked to work in a studio setting by using visual, or two and/or three dimensional materials in specified time.
Article 9- (1) The projects created by the candidates are evaluated by the jury in terms of creativity, relevancy with the subject, uniqueness, and quality of presentation.
(2) The jury evaluates the exams based on full score of 100 (one hundred). “Special Aptitude Test Score” (OYSP) is established for each candidate by taking an average of the scores of two exams.
(3) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) Placement Scores (YP) are calculated by taking the candidates’ Basic Proficiency Test (TYT), High School GPA (OBP), and Special Aptitude Test Scores (OYSP) into consideration in accordance with the principles specified by Higher Education Council.
(4) OYSP (Aptitude Test Score-Standard Score) is turned into a standard score in order to be included in weighting when determining the YP (Placement Score). Each candidate has an average of 50 and a standard deviation of 10.
(5) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) The Placement Score is calculated based on the formula below:
YP= (117 % of OYSP-SP) + (11% of OBP) + (22% of TYT)
(6) (Change SD 04.06.2020-397-A/11 / BTD 22.06.2020-39) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) As of 30 March 2012, candidates who graduated from, or studying at vocational schools on or before the specified date, and will choose undergraduate program of Textile and Fashion Design, will be given an additional score of 0.03% of OBP (High School GPA). Candidates, who enrolled into the respective institution after 30 March 2012, will not receive additional score.
(7) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) For the determination of YP (Placement Score), candidate’s TYT score and High School GPA specified are taken to the consideration.
(8) (Added SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23) The coefficient of High School GPA of candidates, who were placed with TYT scores or with aptitude test score in a higher education institution program, are lowered in half. Candidates will be listed based on their YP (Placement Score) starting from the highest score, and the main and waiting list of candidates who are eligible for final registration are determined this way. The list is announced based on the selection starting from the highest Placement Score.
Article 10- (1) (Deleted SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23)
(2) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) The principles regarding the selection of the candidates, who are going to benefit from scholarships and discounts, and details about determining the Special Aptitude Test Scores (OYSP) are decided by the Senate.
(3) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) The candidates are listed based on their placement scores. In the event of candidates having the same score, the candidate with the following requirements is given a priority:
a) Higher TYT scores (Basic Proficiency Test)
b) Not being enrolled in another higher education institution,
c) Younger in age.
Article 11- (1) The lists for final registration, which are approved by the Faculty Administrative Board, are announced by the Faculty.
Article 12-(1) The candidates, who are eligible for final registration, need to complete the registration within the specified period. The registration for these candidates is carried out in accordance with the Regulation for Associate and Undergraduate Degree Education and Examinations.
(2) (Changed SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23)
If there is available quota, candidates with the highest placement scores from the waiting list can register on the dates announced before.
(2A) (Added SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23) Candidates from the main and waiting list, who are eligible to register based on the results of the first exam, will lose their right to register if they do not register during the first registration period. However, if they wish and if there is available quota, they can be re-evaluated along with the students who took the second exam based on the quota types by taking the first exam placement scores into consideration. Those, who meet the terms, can register in the second registration period as well. Candidates will lose their right to register if they do not register during the second registration period
(3(Change SD 04.06.2020-397-A/11 / BTD 22.06.2020-39) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) The candidates who are going to be awarded with scholarship or tuition discount in Department of Textile and Fashion Design are determined based on the terms specified below:
a) (Changed SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23) Scholarship or tuition discount is awarded to students starting from the highest placement scores within the quotas specified in Higher Education Programs Quota Guide.
b) (Deleted SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23)
c) (Deleted SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23)
Article 13– (Deleted SD 19.06.2019-365-A/13 / BTD 08.07.2019-23)
Article 14– (1) (Change SD 04.06.2020-397-A/11 / BTD 22.06.2020-39) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44) Scholarships and tuition discounts continue on the condition that the requirements specified in IUE Associate and Undergraduate Programs Scholarship and Discounts Regulation are met.
Article 15– (1) (Changed SK 02.05.2018-340-A/8 / MH 05.06.2018-44) Students, who graduated from any undergraduate program of a university in Turkey or abroad, cannot benefit from scholarship.
(2) (Changed: SD-02.05.2018-340-A/8-BTD-05.06.2018-44)
Scholarships will be suspended for those students who were awarded a scholarship initially, but found out that they graduated from another higher education program previously, and they will be asked to pay back the amount they were granted.
Provisional Article 1- (1) (Change SD 04.06.2020-397-A/11 / BTD 22.06.2020-39) “Faculty of Fine Arts And Design Department of Textile and Fashion Design Entrance Exam Regulation” and “Department of Textile and Fashion Design Principles for Determining Student Admission and Placement Scores” have been repealed.
Article 16- (1) This directive is executed by the Rector of the IUE.
Article 17- (1) This directive takes effect on the date of the approval by the Board of Trustees of Izmir University of Economics.
This regulation takes effect upon the decision of the Senate dated 08.04.2016 numbered 272/A5 and Board of Trustees dated 03.05.2016 numbered 18.