Purpose and Scope
Article 1- (1) The purpose of this regulation is to set out the general rules regarding the implementation of integrated education (4+1) which allows undergraduate students studying at Izmir University of Economics to take courses from post graduate programs in their last year of undergraduate study.
Article 2-(1) The references in this regulation are as follows;
a) Academic Unit: Graduate schools affiliated with Izmir University of Economics,
b) Postgraduate Program: Master and Ph.D. programs conducted within the University,
c) Director: Directors of Graduate schools affiliated with the University,
ç) Rector: The Rector of Izmir University of Economics,
d) Senate: The Senate of Izmir University of Economics,
e) University Administrative Board: Izmir University of Economics Administrative Board,
f) University/IUE: Izmir University of Economics,
g) Board of Trustees: Izmir University of Economics Board of Trustees,
ğ) Integrated Education Coordinator: Academic staff assigned by the Head of the respective Graduate School to help plan the courses to be taken within the scope of this program.
Article 3-(1) (Change SD 22.12.2016- 300- A/19) This regulation has been established in accordance with clause one and clause two of Article 11 of Izmir University of Economics Graduate Program Bylaw, and clause five of Article 18 of Regulation for Associate and Undergraduate Degree Education and Examinations.
Implementation of Integrated Education
Article 4- (1) Integrated Education is co-implemented by the headships of the department the student is enrolled at and the department of the Graduate School conducting the graduate program.
(2) An "Integrated Education Coordinator" among the faculty of the respective academic units is assigned to coordinate integrated education.
Article 5-(1) The quotas for graduate courses and students to be enrolled are determined in August and January at the beginning of the semesters by the Graduate School Administrative Board upon the recommendation of the Head of the respective Graduate School.
Article 6-(1) Senior students, who are enrolled to undergraduate (4-year) programs of Izmir University of Economics can apply to Integrated Education.
(2) Students need to pass to 4th grade in their enrolled major undergraduate program and have a GPA of at least 2.00 over 4.00 in order to apply to Integrated Education. Students also need to get the approval of their advisor in their major undergraduate program.
(3) Applications to graduate courses within the scope of integrated education are carried out through student information system on the designated dates.
Application and Enrolment
Article 7-(1) GPA’s of students and previously taken courses are taken into account in determining the students who can take courses within the scope of integrated education.
(2) The academic standing of students applying to courses within the scope of integrated education are evaluated by the Integrated Education Coordinator and then students who will enroll are determined.
(3) (Change SD 22.12.2016- 300- A/19) Students take these courses in the status of special students pursuant to clause one and clause two of Article 11 of Izmir University of Economics Graduate Program Bylaw.
Article 8- (1) Total of no more than four graduate courses may be taken (two in fall semester and two in spring semester) within the scope of integrated education. These courses may be chosen from different graduate programs.
Article 9-(1) Students may retake courses, based on the terms specified above, within the two weeks following the beginning of the courses given that their excuses are accepted.
(2) They are not allowed to drop the course(s) they enrolled previously during that time.
(3) Students may add courses with the approval of the Integrated Education Coordinator during this period called add period.
Article 10- (1) Courses within the scope of integrated education are taken apart from regular course load of undergraduate study.
Article 11 – (1) Integrated Education is coordinated within the context of Izmir University of Economics Graduate Program Bylaw.
(2) Passing grade for graduate courses within the scope of integrated education is at least CC.
Article 12- (1) A separate transcript for Integrated Education is issued. Semester average and grade point average are calculated separately. The transcript issued for these students does not stand for a diploma or a degree documentation.
(2) Graduate courses taken within the scope of integrated education are not counted in the grade point average for undergraduate program, and they do not meet the undergraduate program requirements.
(3) Failing at graduate courses taken within the scope of integrated education does not affect graduation from undergraduate program.
Transferring to Graduate Programs
Article 13- (1) Students, who graduated from Undergraduate Program may enroll to the respective graduate program in the semesters following their undergraduate graduation by meeting the application requirements for graduate programs.
(2) (Change SD 22.12.2016- 300- A/19) Credits and grades for courses taken within the scope of integrated education are counted in the respective graduate program pursuant to clause one and clause two of Article 11 of Izmir University of Economics Graduate Program Bylaw.
(3) No ALES requirement is necessary for graduate programs without thesis. Those, who take the other anticipated courses and complete their studies may qualify to get their Graduate Degree Diploma without Thesis in one academic year.
(4) Those, who want to continue with Thesis program may enroll in respective graduate program by meeting the other requirements including ALES.
Article 14- (1) No separate tuition fees are required for graduate courses taken within the scope of integrated education in regular semesters (Fall and Spring semesters).
Those, who want to retake the courses they failed within the scope of integrated education, may pay and take these courses if the quotas are available.
Article 15- (1) Students may disenrol from integrated education as they wish.
Article 16 - (1) This Regulation takes effect on the date it is approved by the Senate.
Article 17 - (1) The Rector of the Izmir University of Economics enforces the provisions of this Regulation.
This regulation takes effect upon the decision of the Senate dated 12.06.2014 numbered 228/A14 and Borad of Trustees dated 01.07.2014 numbered 48/10.