2021-2022 academic year fall Semester regulations regarding the implementation of associate degree, undergraduate and graduate programs
Classes at our University will be held face-to-face, hybrid (both online and face-to-face) and online in 2021-2022 academic year fall semester.
The regulations, within the scope of the circular dated 20 August 2021 published by the Ministry of Interior, regarding the common areas, indoors and the teaching of the courses on IUE campus are stated below.
All academic staff, administrative staff and students are expected to comply with these regulations.
- Vaccination and disease status of academic staff, administrative staff and students will be regularly checked by data integration with the Ministry of Health when they enter and exit the University. Therefore, “Vaccination Status”, “Disease Status” and “PCR Test Status” should be activated from the “Settings” menu in the current version of the “Hayat Eve Sığar (HES)” application when entering the University.
- Vaccine Status and PCR test results related to HES codes will be monitored. University's academic staff, administrative staff (including security and cleaning personnel from whom service is recruited) and students must have their at least two shots of vaccinations completed.
- PCR test results of the last 72 hours or twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays will be requested from academic staff, administrative staff and students who have not completed their vaccinations.
- Those, who are not fully vaccinated or fail to submit a PCR test result, will not be able to enter the campus.
- Visitors must be “Risk-Free” in the HES control, the full dose of vaccine must show in the vaccination records, or there must be a negative PCR test result within the last 72 hours. Visitors must use masks all the time starting from the entrance to the University.
- It is mandatory for academic staff, administrative staff, and students, including those who are vaccinated, to wear masks in all environments such as in face-to-face classes, common areas, indoors, etc. If the mask cannot be worn for medical reasons, a face shield (visor) must be used.
- Due to the need for a replacement mask during the day, measures will be taken on campus in order to facilitate access to the mask.
- It is recommended that academic staff, administrative staff, and students, who use public transportation when coming to the campus, especially wear double masks on their way to and from the University.
- The use of outdoors instead of closed spaces for socialization on campus will be encouraged.
- Students are expected to spend time outdoors as much as possible between classes or to act in a way that maintains social distance, and not to spend time on campus outside of class hours.
- Activities, where many people will come together in indoors, will be avoided as it will pose a risk.
- A seating arrangement will be set up in classrooms and other common areas where social distance is maintained.
- At least one window in the classrooms will be kept open all the time with a side transom window. Ventilation will be provided between classes.
- Food and drink consumption should be carried out as soon as possible.
- Lunch will be served alternatingly between 11.30-14.00 in the dining hall.
Regulations regarding the conduct of the courses
- The applications of practice courses will be made face to face. During the applications, hygiene, and protection rules (cleaning, social distance, mask, etc.) will be followed.
- Face-to-face and/or online information of other courses will be announced on the web pages of the University by the relevant departments/programs.
- Both face-to-face and online classes will start at 8.30 am.
- Both face-to-face and online classes will last 40 minutes. Class breaks will be 10 minutes each.
- In the English Preparatory Program (preparatory classes), 10 hours of the 30-hour course will be asynchronous, 10 hours will be synchronous, and 10 hours will be face-to-face (2 days, 5 hours a day).
- In practice and clinical studies to be carried out outside the University, the rules of the institution will be followed.
- Attendance is mandatory in both face-to-face and online classes, and attendance will be taken in classes.
- Students, who cannot enter the campus within the scope of Covid-19 measures, are considered absent from face-to-face classes.
- It is mandatory to turn on the camera in online synchronous classes. Students, who do not turn on the camera, are considered absent from the classes.
- Students can watch face-to-face and online courses later asynchronously via Panopto only if they are recorded. However, asynchronous access to courses that were originally taught face-to-face and online synchronously will not be accepted as a condition of attendance.
- Access to course records in asynchronous courses is considered a condition of attendance.
- In online interactive classes, students are required to turn on their microphones at the request of the instructor.
- All midterm and final exams will be held face to face at the University.
- Rooms in the dormitories will be arranged as single person and 4-person rooms.
- In 4-person rooms, students will be given priority to select their own friends.
- The rent assistance application of scholarship students who resided at the dormitory for at least one year and are entitled to stay in the dormitory pursuant to Article 21(4) of the Dermitory Regulation, but do not want to stay in 4-person rooms, will be provided with rent assistance based on the decision of the Administrative Board of Dormitories.
- There will be a quarantine room reserved in the dormitory.
The decisions regarding 2021-2022 academic year fall semester can be rearranged by the Izmir University of Economics Senate in the light of the opinions and recommendations of the Council of Higher Education and the Ministry of Health on the Covid-19 pandemic.