2020-2021 fall semester
Dear İzmir University of Economics Community,
Based on the recommendation of the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) dated 4 September 2020 within the scope of combating the COVID-19 pandemic, Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Senate has taken the following decisions regarding the 2020-2021 academic year Fall Semester:
- Theoretical and practical applications in the first three years of the Faculty of Medicine will be conducted online by distance education methods, and in the fourth year, it will be conducted face-to-face at the hospital.
- All courses of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing, excluding the fourth-grade intern practical applications, will be conducted online by distance education methods.
- Some of the applied courses will be held face to face, other courses will be conducted online with distance education at the Vocational School of Health Services.
- Applied culinary courses of School of Applied Management Sciences, Department of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts will be held online and face to face with hybrid methods.
- The education method in the Graduate School will be completely online. CPSY 512 coded Supervision I course of Clinical Psychology Master's Program will be hybrid at the Psychology Research and Application Center to include one-on-one meetings with counselees.
- The courses of all other Faculties and Schools will be held online with distance education methods.
- Some of the online courses in Faculties and Schools will be held in small group studies.
- Faculty members will organize online office hours every week through the Blackboard system to deal with student questions and problems.
- Final exams will be held face to face on campus, taking into account the health risks, the recommendations and decisions of the Ministry of Health and YÖK on the course of the pandemic.
- The following School of Foreign Languages Prep Program exams will be administered on campus with safety measures: the English Placement Test, the Proficiency in English Exam and End-of-Module Exams.
The health of our students and staff is the top priority of our University. We wish a healthy, productive and successful academic year for all.
Prof. Murat Aşkar