Important explanations on the implementation of exams
The University has taken the following decisions regarding 2019-2020 academic year spring semester:
- All exams (mid-terms, quizzes, proficiency in English exam, make-up exams, last semester exams etc.), including the finals exams will carried out in a digital environment,
- All exams will be carried out via IUE BlackBoard system,
- If it is necessary to use different digital platforms in addition to BlackBoard system, exam will be recorded and archived,
- Final exams will be carried out within the specified date range, on the dates and times specified in the academic calendar,
- Pass/Fail applications will be carried out via OASIS Information System on the dates specified in the academic calendar following the announcement of end-of-semester grades.
Students, who cannot take the digital final exams because of technical infrastructure problems, will be able to attend exams at the University’s computer laboratories on the same scheduled date and time. Use of face masks and social distancing measures will be required in the regularly disinfected computer laboratories. Students in this situation must apply to their instructors conducting the exams by e-mail or OASIS message at least one week before the exam.
Dear students, during this difficult time, we understand your growing concerns, and take the most appropriate decisions in this context and implement them.
We wish you good health with the belief that our digital exams will be carried out in accordance with the academic and ethical rules, qualifications and content of courses, as in face-to-face exams.
Prof. Murat AŞKAR
You can access the academic calendar at https://www.ieu.edu.tr/tr/akademik-takvim.