Article 1- (1) The purpose of this regulation is to identify the principles regarding the exam for the selection of the students for Faculty of Fine Arts and Design, Department of Fashion and Textile Design.
Article 2- (1)The candidate needs to complete the pre-registration within the specified period in order to take the aptitude tests.
(2) YGS scores for the respective year (Transition to Higher Education Exam), where OBP (High School GPA) is not included, will be taken into consideration at pre-registration. The applicants need to have a raw score of at least 150 or higher from any type of YGS score.
(3) Candidates who want to benefit from foreign quota have to take the exams that are accepted by Izmir University of Economics and achieve the required score and/or they need to hold one of the required diplomas. These students may be asked to submit a portfolio.
Article 3- (1) Other requirements and paperwork required for the registration is identified and announced.
Article 4- (1) Each candidate needs to have pre-registration done in person. Pre-registration by mail or by other persons is not acceptable.
Article 5-(1) The materials the candidates need to bring with them to take entrance exams or the preparations they need to do is announced to them ahead of time. The candidates are responsible for bringing the required materials and being prepared. Candidates who are not fully prepared cannot take the exam.
Formation of the Exam Jury
Article 6- (1) The exam jury is chosen among the faculty members, who are experts in their fields, recommended by the respective Department. The Faculty Administrative Board chooses the jury which is consisted of at least 3 people.
Article 7- (1) Exams are administered in two stages. Candidates’ interests, creativity, skills of analytical thinking and problem solving, work disciplines, and sense of responsibilities are tested in the entrance exams.
Article 8- (1) The first stage of the exam is an illustration exam which relates to visual perception, scaling and visual expression of an existing image or object (Visual Perception and Illustration)
(2) In the second stage of the exam, the candidates are given at least one design problem and they are asked to work in a studio setting by using visual, or two and/or three dimensional materials in specified time.
Article 9- (1) The projects created by the candidates are evaluated by the jury in terms of creativity, relevancy with the subject, uniqueness, and quality of presentation.
(2) The jury evaluates the exams based on full score of 100 (one hundred). “Special Aptitude Test Score” (OYSP) is established for each candidate by taking an average of the scores of two exams.
(3) Placement Scores (YP) are calculated by taking the candidates’ Transition to Higher Education Exam Scores (YGS), High School GPA (OBP), and Special Aptitude Test Scores (OYSP) into consideration in accordance with the principles specified by Higher Education Council.
(4) ÖYSP (Aptitude Test Score-Standard Score) is turned into a standard score in order to be included in weighting when determining the YP (Placement Score). Each candidate has an average of 50 and a standard deviation of 10.
(5) The Placement Score is calculated according to given formulation:
YP= (1,17 x OYSP-SP) + (0,11 x OBP) + (0,22 YGS-P)
(6) 0.03% of OBP (High School GPA) is added to the Placement Score (YP) of candidates who will choose Fashion and Textile Design and graduated from vocational schools specified in the OSYS Guide for the respective year.
(7) For the determination of YP (Placement Score), candidate’s the highest YGS score and High School GPA specified in ÖSYM transcript are taken to the consideration.
Article 10- (1) The main and waiting list of candidates who are eligible for final registration are determined this way, and announced based on the selection starting from the highest Placement Score.
(2) The principles regarding the selection of the candidates with scholarships and details about determining the Special Aptitude Test Scores (OYSP) are decided by the Senate.
(3) The candidates are listed based on their placement scores. In the event of candidates having the same score, the candidate with the following requirements is given a priority:
a) Higher YGS scores (Transition to Higher Education Exam)
b) Not registered to another higher education institution,
c) Younger in age.
Article 11- (1) The lists for final registration, which are approved by the Faculty Administrative Board, are announced by the Faculty.
Article 12-(1)The candidates, who are eligible for final registration, need to complete the registration within the specified period. The registration for these candidates is carried out in accordance with the Regulation for Associate and Undergraduate Degree Education and Examinations.
(2) If there is available quota, candidates with the highest placement scores from the waiting list can register. If the registration is not completed within the specified period, the registration will not be allowed even if there is available quota. Those candidates will lose their right to register if they do not register within the specified period.
(3) The candidates who are going to be awarded with Scholarship in Department of Fashion and Textile Design are determined according to these articles:
a) Full Tuition Scholarship is awarded to students with YGS raw score 275 and higher. Students with highest scores within the quotas specified in OSYS Higher Education Programs Quota Guide will be awarded scholarship.
b) 50% Scholarship is awarded to students with YGS raw score 200 and higher. Students with highest scores, following the full tuition scholarship recipients, within the quotas specified in OSYS Higher Education Programs Quota Guide will be awarded scholarship.
c) 25% Scholarship is awarded to students with YGS raw score 150 and higher. Students with highest scores, following the 50% tuition scholarship recipients, within the quotas specified in OSYS Higher Education Programs Quota Guide will be awarded scholarship.
Article 13–If the scholarship quota cannot be filled with the appropriate candidates meeting the requirements mentioned in Article 12, the quota is filled with regular students (with tuition).
Article 14– Scholarships continue on the condition that the requirements specified in University Scholarship Regulation are met.
Article 15– (1) Students, who graduated from any undergraduate program of a university in Turkey or abroad, cannot benefit from full Scholarship.
(2) Full scholarships will be suspended for those students who were awarded a scholarship initially, but found out that they graduated from another higher education program previously, and they will be asked to pay back the amount they were granted.
Provisional Article 1- (1) “Faculty of Fine Arts And Design Department of Textile and Fashion Design Entrance Exam Regulation” and “Department of Textile and Fashion Design Principles for Determining Student Admission and Placement Scores” have been repealed.
Article 16- (1) This directive is executed by the Rector of the IUE.
Article 17- (1) This directive takes effect on the date of the approval by the Board of Trustees of the Izmir University of Economics.
This regulation takes effect upon the decision of the Senate dated 08.04.2016 numbered 272/A5 and Board of Trustees dated 03.05.2016 numbered 18.